A roundup of the week's most newsworthy travel industry press releases from PR Newswire, including Americans' opinions on the REAL ID Act and passenger rail travel.
NEW YORK, Aug. 11, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the travel industry stay on top of the week's most newsworthy and popular releases, here's a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn't be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- San Diego Zoo Safari Park Announces Elephant Valley, Largest Transformative Project in 50-year History
The all-new Denny Sanford Elephant Valley will reimagine the heart of the Safari Park, turning the current elephant environment into a dynamic savanna and a place of exploration. Elephant Valley will give guests of all ages the opportunity to connect with elephants like never before, encouraging greater empathy, understanding, and appreciation of this majestic species—and igniting a passion for wildlife.
- Upgraded Points Latest Survey Shows Americans Are Not Prepared for the REAL ID Act: Confusion Around Deadlines, Necessity, and More
"It's clear there's a significant difference in awareness, especially across different states and demographic groups," said Alex Miller, Founder of Upgraded Points. "Far too many are still in the dark about the impending requirements and timeline."
- Data Finds Overwhelming Support for Passenger Rail in America
"These survey results confirm Amtrak is on the right path with our commitment to deliver a new era of rail for America," said Amtrak President Roger Harris. "The country has spoken – strengthening our nation's intercity passenger rail network is an important priority."
- ROCKSINO BY HARD ROCK DEADWOOD: The New Name of the Game in This Wild West Town Hosts Grand Opening
The Rocksino by Hard Rock Deadwood is a unique boutique hotel and casino experience, which includes most of what fans of the Hard Rock brand have come to know, but on a smaller scale than its famous integrated resorts in gateway international cities.
- National Park Foundation and Subaru offer chance for adventure through 'Explore More' Sweepstakes
Today (Aug. 7) marks the launch of the 2023 'Explore More' sweepstakes. The 2-in-1 grand prize includes a Subaru Solterra EV plus a $5,000 national park vacation of your choice!
- Record Number of Guns Being Confiscated at Airports: U.S. LawShield® Offers Tips on How to Travel Safely with Firearms and Ammunition
"Our mission is to educate the growing number of people who carry firearms on how to travel legally and safely with firearms and ammunition, and thus also prevent the repercussions, including expensive court costs and fines, confiscations of firearms, and other issues," said Kirk Evans, president of U.S. LawShield.
- Outdoorsy, in tandem with investors and banking partners, launches $30 million 'Oasis Fund' to capitalize on glamping's explosive growth
With a $30 million investment to start, the Oasis Fund will empower individuals to start their own turnkey glamping businesses by simplifying the purchasing process. Outdoorsy has partnered with the world's leader in canvas safari tent design to handcraft the tents which can be found in premier glamping resorts and campgrounds around the world.
- The Conservatory Introduces a Hospitality Collective of Nature-based Stays and Experiences
The Conservatory is a community of design-forward hotels for nature enthusiasts. A first of its kind, The Conservatory presents a portfolio of nature-based, artfully designed properties that expand upon their locations' culture, environment, and history.
- All-New Norwegian Viva Debuts in Europe and Welcomes First Guests Aboard
Making a grand debut in Europe, Norwegian Viva departed for its first spectacular nine-day journey through the Mediterranean, taking guests from Venice (Trieste), Italy, to Lisbon, Portugal, with stops in some of Europe's most incredible seaside destinations including Salerno, off Italy's picturesque Amalfi Coast; Cannes along France's stunning Cote d'Azur; and Ibiza, Spain, in the Balearic Islands, among other superb destinations.
- Grubhub and Sonesta Partner to Bring Mobile Ordering to Sonesta ES Suites and Simply Suites Hotels
Guests will be able to order on Grubhub via geolocation and QR codes around each property that take them directly to the Grubhub Marketplace. The hotel location and courier drop-off instructions will automatically populate at checkout for ease of use.
Read more of the latest travel-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNtravel on Twitter.
Catch up on all the latest earnings reports here.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they're signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
SOURCE PR Newswire